I canna say, but maybe my ancient English and Welsh anscestors were charmed once by a wee Irish leprechaun, who passed on the virtue of my once-pale skin. An if that be the case, Happy Patty’s Day to me as a real Irish!! I should be ashamed of myself then, not going out and dousing myself in green beer and wearin green Mardi Gras beads and eatin all kinds of green vegetable dyed foods and stayin out all night for a bit o’ rousing fun. But Janey Mac! It’s only Wednesday and thats me usual Thursday night with the lassies!! Let’s plan something REALLY SPECIAL for today!! 😉
Okay, so I’m not Irish, but growing up you’d think my parents suffered through the Great Potato Famine from the amount of spuds that appeared on our plates EVERY NIGHT!! Surprisingly, my kids mostly hate potatoes, which (though not Irish) is a great Betrayal of The Clan. I have struggled through many many years of “what in the Blarney Stone am I going to cook now?!?” and although they deign to eat them mashed under a mountain of mushroom gravy at Christmas, I feel I have been denied my true heritage.
- Two, count em… two low fat bran muffins that taste so wonderful I’d rather make them then post them..haha. 4 pts.
- Coffee. Normally people walk around saying things like… oooooh…. that coffee smells soooo goooooood. Mmmmmm… what flavor is that? I loove it when you make that coffee and on and on. But today! Someone came up to me and ASKED me to TURN the MACHINE off BECAUSE the SMELL was DRIFTING into THE other ROOM and PEOPLE were COMPLAINING!! Those are Fighting Irish words!!!! But I was so shocked I just said yes with me WIDE GREEN IRISH EYES – oh those I have!! Hate coffee? Hate the smell of coffee? Hate the smell of coffee I have been brewing every morning for the last 3 months? Trust me, even Lassie Mona-Lisa up there is looking down in disdain! As the Irish say, It is sweet to drink but bitter to pay for. I canna believe it, but it still cost me the 2 pts.
- Smart Ones Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas. For some reason these little darby o’gills have been teasing me and tryin to fool me into thinking they are only 4 points (as listed on the box per serving) when they are 8 pts for the entire box which is 2 servings. 8 pts.
- Carrots. 0 pts.
- Salad with tomatoes and light cucumber dressing 1 pts.
- Peanut butter bun. 4pts. Oh sweet subterfuge.
- Bowl of Multi-Grain Cheerios with milk. 5 pts. I’m told the Irish aren’t much for gourmet cooking either, so no finger pointing!
- Dr. Praeger’s spinach patties – for good luck! 6 pts.
- Oil for frying 2 pts.
- And after this post I’m going to go and eat a 1 point cookies n cream popsicle!! 🙂
So my grand total is 33!!
- Feeling tired again… although I know why. The trees on my street are waking up and so is my hayfever. I sneezed and snuffled all through the day. Came home and had a catnap, “cooked”food. I had a couple of temptation moments, but the Luck of the Irish was with me today and I only succumbed to eating the spinach patty of the child who didn’t want to celebrate SPDay anymore.
- Tired because I watched Top Model when I said was going straight to bed. People: Do not think to yourselves ‘I just want to watch the opening credits and see what kind of crack-ass format/getup Tyra is going to have this season’. It doesn’t work and it makes an ass out of you and me. or just me. That one always confuses me. Uhh… how about another Guinness?
- I noticed yesterday that my skin felt all tingly as I started to down my 3 cups of work water (I have rosacea), so today I looked it up. Apparently, you are only supposed to drink small quantities of water throughout the day or your body overloads and your blood vessels dilate a lot, which is not good for skin. So…another challenge. DRINK WATER THROUGHOUT THE DAY. Can I do it? I wish I had a choice. Damn you rosacea!! Making me into a normal person who goes to bed early and drinks water throughout the day!! Damn you!!
Exercise for today:
- I won’t even make a joke out of it… me thighs be rubbing together somethin fierce today!
Good things about today: Embellish away, sweet isle of beauty, land o’my heart…the day is over.
May you live to be 100 years, with one extra year to repent.